Panagiotis Karakitsios (born in Larissa) is a civil engineer, computer programmer and software entrepreneur, who works in computational mechanics, isogeometric analysis and computational geometry and has received 1 international and 25 national awards for his academic performance and research. He is the founder and CEO of Geomiso, the first worldwide technology company, which has developed and markets isogeometric analysis software. Geomiso software is the first worldwide fully integrated CAD/ CAE program. He received his Diploma in Civil Engineering from National Technical University of Athens with a 9.47 (excellent) grade point average (first among 242 civil engineers) in 2009 and his MSc in analysis and design of earthquake resistant structures from National Technical University of Athens with the highest (9.87, excellent) grade point average among 55 civil engineers in 2011.
He is doing his PhD under the supervision of Professor Manolis Papadrakakis (Institute of Structural Analysis & Seismic Research, School of Civil Engineering, National Technical University of Athens).
He received an MSc in Structural Engineering (2011) from the Postgraduate Course of Studies "Analysis and Design of Earthquake Resistant Structures" (ADERS, National Technical University of Athens) in 2011. He entered ADERS (ranked first among 42 engineers) in 2009. He graduated with the highest grade 9.87 (Excellent) in his class (ranked first among 55 engineers) in 2011.
His master's thesis was assessed as excellent (grade 10).
His performance in the Panhellenic Exams of both the 2nd and the 3rd grade was excellent (19.667, 19.337). He graduated first in his class from the First High School (General Lyceum) of Farsala (high school diploma: 19 & 7/10, excellent). He entered the School of Civil Engineering of the National Technical University of Athens (Panhellenic Exams, grade 19.40, excellent, first choice) in 2004.
He achieved the highest grade in his class as both third-year undergraduate student (academic year 2006-2007, grade 9.67, excellent) and fourth-year undergraduate student (academic year 2007-2008, grade 9.64, excellent). His thesis was assessed as excellent (grade 10). He received his Diploma in Civil Engineering in 2009 and graduated first among 242 civil engineers (grade 9.47, excellent).
- Honorary Distinction. 2017 IEEE IST Best Student Paper Award, 18/10/2017
- Honorary Distinction. Athens Startup Awards 2017, 08/05/2017
- Honorary Distinction. Third Applied Research & Innovation Competition "Greece Innovates!", 2015. 23/02/2016
- Honorary Distinction. Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 11/12/2015
- Fifth Award. Fifth Panhellenic Competition i-bank “Innovation & Technology” 2015, 21/05/2015
- First Honorary Commendation. First DASTA NTUA Competition of Innovation 2013. National Technical University of Athens, 16/12/2014
- First Award. First Panhellenic Youth Entrepreneurship & Innovation Competition "ideatree" 2014. Youth and Lifelong Learning Foundation, 26/06/2014
- Thomaideio Award 2013. National Technical University of Athens
- Scholarship. Onassis Foundation
- Scholarship. Foundation for Education and European Culture
- Honorary Diploma. Technical Chamber of Greece, 12/9/2012
- Honorary Plaque. Technical Chamber of Greece, 12/9/2012
- First Medal 2009 (Prometheus Pyrforos). National Technical University of Athens
- First Vogiatzopoulos Award 2009. National Technical University of Athens
- Chrysovergeio Award 2009. National Technical University of Athens
- First Award 2009. Greek State Scholarships Foundation.
- Thomaideio Award 2008. National Technical University of Athens
- First Award 2008. Greek State Scholarships Foundation
- Honorary Scholarship 2008. Greek State Scholarships Foundation
- First Award 2007. Greek State Scholarships Foundation
- Scholarship 2007. Greek State Scholarships Foundation
- Award "Η Μεγάλη Στιγμή για την Παιδεία" 2004. EFG Eurobank Ergasias
- First Award 2004. First High School of Farsala
- Program "Youth Getting to Know Europe" 2003 (Madrid, Toledo). Hellenic Ministry of Education
- Award of Excellence (1.000,00 €)
Monday, 29 November 2010
- Covered the half of the registration fees for the ECCAM Advanced School on Isogeometric Analysis Fundamentals and Applications (490,00 €)
Tuesday, 26 June 2012